Phone: (917) 514-0651
New York Daily News
- Wrote headlines and captions
- Fact-checked stories, corrected grammar and spelling errors
Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art
- February 2005-present
- Selected and researched artwork for Permanent Collection exhibit.
- Wrote story cards and wall text for exhibits
- Created exhibition series focusing on New York City cartoonists
- Worked with artist Irwin Hasen to create a retrospective exhibit on his career.
- Cataloged art archives and processed new art donations.
- Designed and built curatorial storage area.
- Created and maintained graphic novel reading library.
- Supervised weekly gallery shift.
- Matted, framed, and hung artwork.
- Edited and produced online courses in Nursing, Paralegal Studies, and Business Management.
- Worked with faculty to research and design new courses.
- Wrote supplemental materials for Management 101 and Information Technology 101.
- Designed templates for course syllabi and supplemental materials.
- Maintained courses by troubleshooting problems in HTML.
New York Blade News
March 2001-May 2002
- Coordinated arts coverage for weekly newspaper with estimated readership of 70,000, dealing with film, television, theater, fine art, music, dance, and nightlife in New York City.
- Edited 8-10 arts stories weekly.
- Wrote feature articles, interviews, and reviews.
- Managed freelance pool of about 20 writers/photographers.
- Organized weekly listings of meetings and arts events throughout the five boroughs.
- Wrote headlines and captions.
- Designed and laid out arts pages.
- Copy edited news pages.
The Washington Blade
December 1998-March 2001
- Wrote weekly television column that was reprinted in three other newspapers across the country.
- Wrote 4-5 local and national news stories weekly.
- Beats included the U.S. House of Representatives, local and state-wide Virginia politics, AIDS coverage, health issues, and civil rights legislation in 15 states.
- Wrote and edited obituary section.
- Experienced editor and proofreader.
- Daily computer experience on PC and Macintosh platforms with Word, Quark Xpress, Photoshop, Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer, HTML, and various e-mail applications.
- Can write on deadline and to match exact word count.
- Intimately familiar with pop culture, especially animation, television, and comics.
B.A., English, 1997
magna cum laude
James Madison University
Richard Ruane, editor, Kaplan University: 347-528-6897
Ken Wong, President, Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art: 212-254-3511
Kristina Campbell, former editor, Washington Blade: 202-387-2829